Technica LLC seeks to fill the position of Research Assistant at the Center. This is a full time contract position to be performed in West Point, NY. The salary for this position is 70,000 per year. The Research Assistant is responsible for providing technical and administrative support in all phases of planning, design and execution of research projects/programs.
- Research, read and summarize scholarly literature in topics related to the Army Profession, leadership, organizational culture/climate.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of protocols and other required research documentation in support of Internal Review Board (IRB).
- Perform technical tasks including data entry, data coding, data cleaning and quality control of data sets.
- Assist with research data collection including administration of surveys, obtaining informed consent of research participants, and performing necessary follow-ups with research participants.
- Assist with preparing technical reports and presentations including preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and technical writing summarizing research findings.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the organization, management and status reporting of multiple research projects.
- Assist with maintenance of research webpage including editing and posting research technical reports, maintaining a professional reading list, publishing “calls for research,” preparing and posting “research fact sheets” highlighting recent research findings, and responding to correspondence, e-mails and phone inquiries regarding research projects and information.
- Master’s degree in quantitative (e.g. statistics) or research-oriented field (e.g. psychology) or a Bachelor’s degree with prior experience as a research assistant; knowledge of Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; expertise in Excel; excellent attention to detail; experience performing literature reviews, using literature search engines (PubMed, OVID, others), the internet or other sources. In addition, candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization; time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- All candidates should have prior military experience or experience working with the military. Subject matter knowledge/expertise in research on leadership and organizational culture/climate is strongly preferred.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.
To be considered for employment, complete Technica's online application in full.